Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Exception: Root element is missing for a Metadata only endpoint for WCF-Http receive location


In BizTalk 2010 I created a WCF-WSHttp receive location. Then using the BizTalk WCF Service Publishing Wizard I created a meta data only endpoint, based on my WCF-WSHttp receive location and I added the required schema. The WCF service was created successfully. The application Pool used for this WCF service was configured using the identity having access to BizTalk databases.
When I tried to see the WSDL I got the exception: “Root element is missing”.
To resolve this issue I have to do the following two extra steps:
1.  Added the account used for application pool to BizTalk Server Administrators group
2. Added the following line to the Web.Config of WCF services created with the BizTalk WCF Service Publishing Wizard.
<system.web>
          <trust level="Full" originUrl="" />
<system.web>
For additional information refer to this MSDN link.

Cheers
Rohit Sharma

3 comments:

  1. I've got the same problem. But I can't add "IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool" to BizTalk Server Administrators group. It doesn't even appear in the list of users. Is there any way to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need not to add the "DefaultAppPool" to "BizTalk Server Administrator" group. Check the identity used for this pool and add it to BizTalk Server Administrator group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps don't forget to recycle the application pool to pick to new permissions.

    ReplyDelete